ARE YOU A VICTIM?
Domestic violence involves not only hitting or punching, but includes sexual, psychological or emotional abuse as well. It is a way in which one person asserts power and control over another person. You may be a victim even if you have no physical injuries.
IF YOU CAN ANSWER "YES" TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, YOU MAY BE A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
• Does your partner ever make you afraid?
• Does your partner ever push you or hit you?
• Does your partner tell you that you deserve to be hurt?
• Does your partner try to control?
- How you live?
- How you look?
- How you act?
- How you think?
- How you spend money?
• Does you partner always put you down?
• Does your partner always blame you when something goes wrong?
• Does your partner often accuse you of "coming on" to other people?
• Does your partner demand sex even when you say "no"?
• Do you feel as though you walk on eggshells so your partner won't get upset?
• Does your partner often try to isolate you from your family and friends?